Rotary Club of Deonar has been organising various vocational training programs & workshops for over 30 years in our community . We believe that, for long-term success of any Vocational Training program, we have to be consistent in our offerings and establish a name for excellence in training, mentoring and hand-holding.
ROVEC aims to focus ,consolidate and expand our efforts, resources, and reach.
- Vocational Service Avenue encourages Rotarians to serve others through their vocations and to promote high ethical standards
- The Rotary “4-Way Test” is the guiding force in all the vocational Service initiatives
- Rotary is committed to ‘Economic & Community Development’. Vocational education and training is an instrument of social engineering for achieving a series of objectives,
such as accelerating economic growth, reducing youth unemployment and benefiting from economic globalization.
- ROVAC works with a unique professional T.C.S. program :
- Training : Vocational Training for Earning Livelihood .
- Counselling : Vocational Guidance to Students.
- Sustenance: Long term nurturing of Vocational Excellence.
ROVEC TCS program includes
- Skills development
- Soft skills training
- High ethical standards of operation.
Some recent initiatives of ROVEC TCS program
- Pink Angels
- Sukrut Self Help
- Nursing Aids
- Rapid Force
- Vocational Patronage
|Sr||ROVEC INITIATIVE||PERIOD||BATCH of||COST PER BENEFICIARY|
||4 months||10||Rs 30,000/-|
|2||Enterprise Self Help
||3 months||10||Rs 5,000/-|
||6 months||10||Rs 60,000/-|
||3 months||20||Rs 10,000/-|
||3 months - 12 months||1||case specific|
FUNCTIONAL ORIENTATION FOR THE YOUNG
ROVEC will also undertake short orientation talks in schools for simple functional orientation for self-development, safety and creating interest in a particular area. The purpose is to
- Create focus
- Build confidence
- Authentic guidance for a better future
- Groom children to pursue a specific vocation based on their aptitude.
- Build competencies ,
- Creating a confident next generation.
Some planed initiatives for 7-10th Std.
- Electrical bulb/tube changing.
- Fuse box control
- First aid & emergency first response
- Emotional Intelligence
- People Skills.
- Career Guidance Fair in schools and junior colleges.
THE ROTARY CONNECT
Rotary Club of Deonar is committed to the cause of Community building & Development through various initiatives in education, health and livelihood training. RCD contributes to all
the initiatives through a four-pronged approach:
- Personal volunteering of our members in conducting programs & hand-holding the beneficiaries
- Thought leadership to envisage, conceptualise, plan & execute the programs
- Financial contribution by the club to the extent of 10% of project cost
- Resources mobilization through members’ contacts and competencies